"The Book of Mormon is the most misused book on earth."
- Reformed = "amended by removal of faults"
- Mormonism = "derived from the Book of Mormon"
[We are not associated with Reform Mormonism.]
REFORMED MORMONISM = THE REMOVAL OF ERRORS ATTRIBUTED TO THE HOLY BOOK OF MORMON
Whoso shall declare more or less than this (Book of Mormon) and establish it for my doctrine, the same cometh of evil...and the gates of hell stand open to receive such. (3 Nephi 11:40)
I will bring to light my gospel (Book of Mormon)...yea, the only doctrine which is in me. (D&C 10:62, dated Summer 1829)
Whoso among you shall do more or less than (Book of Mormon)...the gates of hell are ready open to receive them. (3 Nephi 18:13)
And every one that heareth these sayings of mine and doeth them not shall be likened unto a foolish man...and great was his fall! (3 Nephi 14:26-27)
We testify that when used together, the Bible and the Book of Mormon confound false doctrines. (Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, p.63)
Do eternal consequences rest upon our response to this book? Yes, either to our blessing or our condemnation. (Ezra Taft Benson, A Witness and a Warning: A Modern-Day Prophet Testifies of the Book of Mormon, Deseret Book Co., 1988, p. 7.)
Every Latter-day Saint should make the study of this book a lifetime pursuit. Otherwise he is placing his soul in jeopardy. (p. 7)
I have noted within the Church a difference in discernment, insight, conviction, and spirit between those who know and love the Book of Mormon and those who do not. That book is a great sifter. (Ezra Taft Benson, "Jesus Christ - Gifts and Expectations," Christmas Devotional, Salt Lake City, Utah, 7 December 1986; Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, pp. 60-61.)
- Apostles - more than the original twelve in Jerusalem.
- Baptism - all children for sins at the age of eight.
- Communion - to the unbaptized and infants.
- Confirmation - required for church membership.
- Eternal Marriage - required for salvation/Mormon exaltation.
- Garments - required for salvation/Mormon exaltation.
- God - is married.
- Heavenly Mother.
- High Priests - after Jesus.
- Holy Ghost - only Mormons have the "gift of."
- One man leader - pope or prophet.
- Only one true church - all others wrong.
- Plurality of Gods.
- Polygamy - a requirement for salvation/Mormon exaltation.
- Pre-earth stewardship - determined this lifes' status.
- Progression of God.
- Prophets - man called.
- Temple endowments - required for salvation/Mormon exaltation.
- Tithing for high priest after Jesus.
- Word of Wisdom - required for salvation/Mormon exaltation.